Welcome to Urbancrest Mission College
An internship for long-term missionaries, mission/ministry leaders, and church planters.
Many people have varying views and understanding of what Missions looks like. Urbancrest Mission College can help individuals explore a personal call to missions; prepare and experience mission trips or projects; and better understand a biblical approach to Missions.
This is an eighteen month basic missiology study to give participants a broad view of the world and their place in it. Together with guest Missionary speakers; Minister of Missions; Church Planters and my missionary experience serving in Ukraine through the International Mission Board, we will prepare students for cross-cultural service both domestic and throughout the world.
Because we are the Church, Christ has built us; called us; and equipped us for service in the world. Jesus clearly explained to the disciples…the gospel must be preached to all the nations.
- 38-essential web-based biblical lessons written by missiologists and missionaries.
- Small group weekly discussion, class Facilitator’s missionary experience
- Four to five Supplemental books provided
- Understanding and application of best practices in missiological thinking and strategy.
- Development of an Advocacy Group for: Prayer; Finances; and Accountability.
- Practicum: Self-funded extended Summer Mission Project.
- Development of mission ministry experience by regular participation in ongoing Urbancrest ministries and/or other ministries you might currently be involved in. (Approved by the Minister of Missions)
- Development through mentoring and special conference courses of “funding” your long term cross-cultural service.
Dates: September-May (Classes)
- Candidates entrance applications I & II: begin no later than July – Aug.15
- Required Personal Interview, prior to September classes
- Year I – September – May: Required-Summer Internship
- Year II – September – May: Graduation
- Completed mission intern applications. Please return to mission office at least one month prior to fall class.
- Meet the requirements within the mission intern application on page 1.
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
- Personal interview with the Mission Education Director and a member of the Global Connect Development Team (GCDT).
- Course tuition: $100.00, defrays expenses for online-registration of lessons.
For more information or to start the registration process contact:
Mission Education Director
Minister of Missions